Monday, February 7, 2005

Quinientos

This is my five hundredth post at The Problem of Leisure (my 825th on blogger, and i have no idea how many posts i had on the old geocities blog before i took it down, but i like to commemorate these little milestones.) My mother's feeling a little better, which is good. I think i hurt my arm carrying groceries for her today, which makes me feel really weak. I have to go back to the GI doctor tomorrow morning. I fucking hate the GI doctor. Think happy thoughts. Vic called me Xaq today - the alternate spelling i invented for my name in seventh grade and which enjoyed prolific use through eighth grade. It took me back to the truck and woo ha and its been real and when DeVon kicked the shit out of Matt, Ms Locher making fun of Dan for being late and all those conversations with David Cruz about the sex pistols' reunion, Peter Royal thinking i was maladjusted, the big bump beneath the GWB and Ali dead-arming me when i told the lunchroom we were gettring dismissed at 1:15 because she thought i was lying and me and Yo delegating Bertsche to make clear our objections to rumored plots to introduce uniforms and snarfing jello in the back of the lunchroom next to the window with the X on it. And Phil B. trying to sell candy in math class. And Bill. And assuring Harlan i wasn't biting on him with the trenchcoat. I don't know why i'm writing about this, though it's certainly bizarre that it was almost a decade ago. I've known Victor for a really long time.



I had a lot of ideas for what i was going to post here - my own "picks" to compete with Alek's, or maybe i'd tell you that in addition to The Woods, i'm excited about the upcoming new Common album (produced by Kanye,)and the new Coup record, both of which are supposed to come out soon, and MIA's Arular, slated for a february release date. I also had a funny anecdote involving me asking her whether, if she were a prostitute, sting telling her "you don't have to sell your body to the night" would induce her to stop, (she didn't think it would) and the two of us conjecturing that Roxanne is really about Gordon Summers and Masculinity. I was going to revisit the list of political songs from last summer to make a new list for th3e next four years. (A hint - it wold prominently feature The Specials' "Dawning of a New Era." (From 1978's The Specials.))



I need to wake up in seven hours because i want to walk down to the GI doctor tomorrow morning, so i will say goodnight and dream of finding employment.



Hey, Sara's dad. Hey, Elizabeth's brother.



Also, Tom Tommorrow skewers David Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment