Last night, which on the web using my phone, i tried to search gmail for an email someone sent me a while back. I used their name. Except I was so tired that i forgot that I wasn't in gmail, I was on facebook. And the field I was filling out wasn't "search" but "status," and I hit "update" rather than "search," and before I knew it, my facebook status, broadcast on the minifeeds of anyone who logged on for a twenty minute period last night, was someone else's name. And since i was using my mobile browser, i counldn't delete it, so i had to call someone else, tell them my password, and beg them to delete it for me, which they did.
When facebook introduced the minifeed, i didn't really see it as problematic. I still don't really have that much of a problem with it. But when you fuck up, things can get very embarassing really fast - although I'm not convinced that that's really all that different from in the pre-facebook era of rumor and gossip
No comments:
Post a Comment