Friday, April 14, 2006

work in progress, for passover

to the tune of "Go Down Moses"

When GSOC's holding picket signs,
give us a contract
Future of the academy's on the line
give us a contract

Fight on, GSOC,
Fight on against Jack Lew's plans
and tell old Sexton
to give us a contract.

8 comments:

  1. No. You. Di'n't! Changing a negro spiritual to suit GSOC interests? Don't make me go all George Lipsitz on your ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine, fine, I'll stick to the hair metal

    ReplyDelete
  3. screw hair metal, you should go arena rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, Journey wasn't arena rock enough for you? I did freaking "Don't Stop Believin'." You can't get much mroe Arena than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should start a Gary Glitter GSOC cover band...And call it GGOC...And host various Gary Glitter organizing committee meetings/performances/karaoke nights...And there should be lots of sequins...and young asian boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GSOC has its own karaoke and we don't need no British pedophiles for that. I am the karaoke master. I make Pat Benaar look like she is doing karaoke of ME!

    Speaking of which, I still need to do "Strikebreaker." I was also thinking about The Cult's "She Sells Sanctuary" but then I realized that you can't hear the words in the original version anyway. Maybe i could do a new version of Sucker PhDs to be about GSOC

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about a fantasy song about a post-John Sexton NYU? I'm thinking Since you been gone by Kelly Clarkson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That could work. I think "Nothing Compares 2 U" might be a lot funnier though. Or possibly "No Scrubs"

    ReplyDelete