Or whatever the daily equivalent of sesquicentennial is. My never particularly exhaustive knowledge of Latin is much depleted from its former grandeur. In any event, today marks the 150th day of GSOC's strike. (Sunday is the end of the fifth month, or the beginning of the sixth, however you want to count it.) Things are picking up in the organizing. I'm optimistic about the next few weeks, and I'm excited to continue and escalate this fight. Whether or not we win a contract tomorrow, and indeed, even after we have won a contract, which believe very strongly that we can and will, if not tomorrow, we will still have a huge fight ahead of us - to expand our union to folks excluded from the original bargaining unit, and to continue to fight for social justice on this campus, in this city, and across the contours of the globalized neoliberal academy.
In honor of the fact that Abbey's here in NYC and I got to see her for the first time in over two years, I'll conclude with the West Wingian exhortation, "Screw It, It's Game Time, Let's Go."
10 random songs from my ipod's shuffle mode. (Do people still do this?)
Modest Mouse - "The Devil's Workday"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
m83 - "moonchild"
Desmond Dekker - Shanty Town (007)
The Fall - "That Man"
Radiohead - "Life in a Glass House"
Yo La Tengo - "spec Bebop"
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra - "Si, Se Puede"
Liz Phair - "Explain it to me"
Common - Nuthin' to Do
No comments:
Post a Comment