Friday, January 7, 2005

This is not what you had planned

Apologies, first, for the abyssmal posting of late. I've been preoccupied and frustrated and not sure how to write about it in a way which wouldn't just seem ridiculous. I also have been not doing a great job of being honest with myself about what i've been going through. First, I'm worried about my dad, whose heart medication somehow induced "complications" last week wherein he found himself urinating blood. I haven't heard from my brother in a week, so i guess i'm worried about him too. I'm worried about an old friend who may or may not have been in Indonesia during the Tsunami who i have no idea how to get in touch with. I'm selfishly worried about how much my applications sucked and what i'm going to do for the next eight months and what i'm going to do after that, but that seems trivial. And i'm worried that i'm just going to hole myself in my parent's apartment again and hate my life, which still seems pretty trivial compared to what everyone else is going through. (And at the risk of sounding like some Reaganite voluntarist, the very simple answer is that i just don't do this.)



I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning yesterday and it turns out that the acid reflux crap eroded my teeth and i have to give myself a flouride treatment every day for possibly forever and couldn't i just drink tapwater instead?



I don't really feel like writing anything else right now. I'm really apretty mediocre blogger. Go watch the live video of The Advantage's take on the theme music from the Flashman stage of Megaman 2. It will make me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Megan and I heard through Lucia that Jess Champagne's fine. I don't have more details--and I don't know if you're worrying about other friends in Indonesia--but I wanted to pass on that news.

    -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, that's who i was worried about. And that's a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad is better....lots of his co workers care. He provides a refuge for many. Even in Sherwood Forest, a refuge is necessary.

    ReplyDelete