Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just finished an edit (there should be more but may not) of my last incomplete of graduate school. I'm an article revision away from being able to actuallyt work on my dissertation, though I've spent much of the summer having nothing to do with my academic work, instead walking an average of between 14 and 17 miles every day around brooklyn. I've walked to mill basin, to bergen beach, to Canarsie and east flatbush and brownsville, to flushing meadows for the colombian independence day celebration with Johana, through the hasidic triangle of Boro Park/Crown Heights/South WIlliamsburg, down Ocean Parkway and up Utica and across Linden Boulevard (cue a tribe called quest reference, though I haven't yet walked as far as jamaica) down gerritsen and through marine park and into mud puddles, bensonhurst benches and Manhattan Beach and Sheepshead Bay and Flatlands and Middle Village (Queens) and Parkville and Homecrest. It's been amazing and i don't really want to stop, but I need to devote more time to work, to performing my academic labors...

No comments:

Post a Comment