Sunday, July 12, 2009

I walked up 45th street from my apartment across sunset park and the whole of Borough Park to where it ends at the junction of 18th avenue and Dahill, then up 18th to Ditmas Park, up Marlborough Road to Caton Ave and the Parade Grounds, to Parkside and Ocean and into the park, along its eastern edges to grand army plaza, up to 5th and flatbush and then back home, about 10 miles. I'd forgotten, until recently how much i prefer walking places i don't know that well to retracing the same route everyday. I hope this isn't my farewell to Brooklyn or this apartment, that I can stay here after august and stay in my apartment for at least the next year. But I'm also thinking about next steps, about what I do and where I go when funding runs out, about what to make of the second half of the summer.

Congrats to the PTAIs at Western Michigan University, "part of a growing trend." And the long stella doro strike in Riverdale has ended, though the greenwich hedge fund that owns the factory is now threatening to close in october. More on this later, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment