Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Books I have read so far this semester
Martha Biondi: To Stand And Fight: The Struggle for Civil Rights in Postwar New York City
Hardt and Negri: Commonwealth
Bethany Moreton:  To Serve God and Wal-Mart
Michael Chabon, The Yiddish Policemen's Union
Endnotes No. 1  Gilles Dauve, Theorie Communiste, etc.
Polygraph 21

Books I Want to read by the end of this semester:
David Graeber - Direct Action: An Ethnography
Odd Arne Westad: The Global Cold War
Stephan M. Bradley's Harlem Vs. Columbia University
Anti-Oedipus and a thousand plateaus, finally.
Juno Diaz's Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao and Chabon's Yiddish Policeman's Union
The Canal Builders
Dorothy Sue Cobble's The Other Women's Movement
Security, Territory, Population: Foucault
Charles Payne's I got the light of freedom
Greg Grandin, Fordlandia
Giovanni Arrighi 0 Adam Smith in Beijing
Achille Mbembe - On The Postcolony
to be amended and appended as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment