Friday, June 20, 2008

random ten

Dino Perkins - "Skin Him Alive"

O.V. Wright, "Drowning on Dry Land."


The Four Mints. "You're My Desire"

Wu-Tang Clan Feat. Sunny Valentine & Tashmahogany, "Starter." from 8 Diagrams. I guess this is what people mean when they call this album "weird" or "psychadelic."

Journey - "any way you want it". Somewhere in my private corners of the internet i have a rewrite of this song ready to go, waiting for the right time. I haven't looked at it in almost two years though, and it's not as good as some of my other work. Anyway this song is not as good as, say, "Lights," or "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart,)" but it has a certain charm.

The Box Tops - "The Letter." Hard to believe that's Alex Chilton at like age 16.

The Chosen Few - "People Make The World Go Round" - one of at least three reggae covers I know of. This one's got crazy falsetto. I think I like Hortense Ellis's cover better. The backing vocals here are also a bit out of step with the song's meaning.

Swell Maps - "Robot Factory."

Weather Report - "Teen Town."

Miles Davis - "Bitches Brew."

1 comment:

  1. Zach!!! It's Adam from Moon! We had a mini reunion of sorts last night with Abby, Steve, Jon, and Ray, and we're talking about doing it again in July and inviting only the coolest from that era. Would you be interested in joining us for booze and memories? Find me on facebook - Adam Coozer

    Best, Adam

    ReplyDelete