That's what Steven Greenhouse is reporting. Assuming it's true, and he's a pretty good reporter, so why wouldn't it be, that has to spell certain doom for Edwards.
I'd like to see Obama privilege labor rights and justice in the same way Edwards has. I'd like to see him renounce his vote on the border fence and commit to working for immigrant justice. I'd like to see him stand up for something instead of repeating the same flowery rhetoric about hope and audacity and other empty signifiers. Right wingers and white liberals alike are taking great pleasure in noting the many ways in which Obama is not Jesse Jackson, butJackson's coalition in the 80's was an important model for broad based, multi-issue, progressive, anti-racist organizing, and wouldn't it be something if all this "Obamania" would direct itself somewhere similarly productive instead of the rather shapeless cult of personality which it sometimes resembles these days?
No comments:
Post a Comment