Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Every Day and Night/I'm Out of Fucking Time

Le Tigre reference in the title. Ok.

I usually do a year end post at the end of every year. Here, here, here, here/here, if you're interested, in chronological order from 2003 to 2006. And there's a bonus one here. And see my attempt at narrating how i learned to stop worrying and organize. And qualification on said attempt.

This year I'm somewhat tempted to just throw a link here - one of my favorite posts from the last year, and indeed the last four, and a post which i think suggests what animates this blog at its best - a dedication to a global politics of intellectual labor and anticapitalism towards a collective reinvention of the city as a space of social justice and for the transformation of the university from neoliberal profit machine, difference engine, and labor exploiter to a liberated, just endeavor and project. That entry above emerged at a particularly nebulous point in my grad school career and in GSOC's continuing struggle. And i don't know how successful I've been in the intervening months in working towards the goals i lay out. This is no place to air dirty laundry of GSOC strategies, but suffice to say that we have our work cut out for us, and it will not be easy.

I fantasized about dropping out at regular intervals. Like yesterday, hanging out with Josh in Park Slope. I think about going back to Unite-HERE all the time, if they'd take me. My dad had open heart surgery in April. He's doing pretty good these days. I stared at a lot of computer screens. I became a 'preceptor' and went into massive credit card debt. Marna Borgstrom and Vin Petrini made Joe Zaccagnino proud. I passed an exam. The writers went on strike.


It's been a strange year. It picked up towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment