A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Tuesday, April 27, 2004
Sleater-Kinney were amazing. I am constantly amazed at Carrie Brownstein's guitar prowess and deft skill at composing interesting and compelling riffs. I gained new appreciation for Janet Weiss's drumming - the woman rocks - and, of course, Corin Tucker, one of the most powerful vocalists (and lyricists) in rock music. While I wish i were going back for the second show tonight, at which one would hope they play "Dig Me Out" and "I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone" and "#1 Must Have," which were glaringly absent last night, and while i think the first time i saw them (at the 2002 Village Voice Siren Music Festival) remains the best show I've ever seen, yesterday's set list had some unexpected stuff (lots of material from Call The Doctor and The Hot Rock) and the show was simply incredible. Live performances of "One Beat," "Sympathy," "oh," and "All Hands On The Bad One" were well worth the schlep and (extremely reasonable) ticket price.
Labels:
music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment