A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Saturday, February 16, 2008
In Bobst, grading my first batch of undergrad papers for the APA course and working on the list for my second exam - on the university, labor, neoliberalism, and disciplinarity. I spent lot of time and search terms over the last two days trying to remember the title or author of an article Laura Wexler gave my AMST junior seminar spring semester 2003. (Between the organizing, the strike, the daily two hour spanish class at 8 AM, and my personal life, i had a lot going on that semester.) Finally found it - Michael Holzman's "The Ideological Origins of American Studies at Yale," an article in the Summer 1999 issue of the journal American Studies. This journal, i found after a couple dozen attempts, isn't online, so I tracked down the archives in the library, copied the relevant article by Xerox, and scanned it into pdf just to be safe. I'm feeling rather proud of myself for no good reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment