I left the apartment at the crack of dawn and walked into bobst, graded two papers, one good and one extremely poor, which was disconcerting. I'm in the process of finishing "Ideology and Ideological State Apparatuses," which is interesting and more engaging than i thought it would be based on previous engagement with Althusser. I've been using my dad's ancient copy of Lenin and Philosophy and it split in two last night, though the relevant essay remains intact, which i suppose is convenient.
I interrupted the Althusser twice Well, more than that, but there were two big interruptions. The first time was for lunch. On the way to corporate sweatshop burrito chain i ran into some former Yale grad students I knew from New Haven on the street and they were extraordinarily nice to me. I then stopped again to read this on one of the computers in LL1. It's still resonating in my brain. The whole weekend makes graduate school seem more exciting and useful and good than it has been thus far, and that's no small feat given how low i've sunk at various points throughout the last year or two.
Anyway, random shuffle:
Pavement - "Here"
Ultramagnetic MC's "Mentally Mad"
Nick Drake - "Road"
Clipse - "We Got It For Cheap"
Charles Mingus - "Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am"
Super Rail Band - "Maliyo"
Clash - "Tommy Gun"
Spoon - "Sister Jack"
Desmond Dekker - "Music Like Dirt"
The Coup - " 5 Million Ways to Kill a CEO"
No comments:
Post a Comment