Friday, June 23, 2006

Rides beside me and never buys any smokes.

I'm being targeted by the Jews for Jesus. Somehow they have obtained my home address and are sending me mailings in which they attempt to persuade me that, though i may believe otherwise, Jesus is for me.

I'm deeply offended by the Jews for Jesus. It isn't the Jesus part that offends me. Nothing against Jesus, as long as we're talking IWW/CCNE-style, direct action "Jesus was a wobbly" Jesus and not Pat Robertson/Pat Boone/Rick Santorum "Jesus hates queers" Jesus. "Jesus is just alright with me," as Millie put it. Ok, maybe the Byrds did it first. No, my problem is the predatory, evangelical agenda which suggests to me a prfound and militant imperialism of belief. I don't really care if you call yourself a Jew for Jesus. I would refer to such a person as a Christian, because, if you read the New Testament, that's what all those apostle dudes and dudettes and transduderinos are - Jews who dig the Jeebus. Hooray for them. It's the saturation of college campuses, the unsolicited mailings, the profound conviction that Jewish life and cultures -to which i have a complex and at times very ambivalent relationship stemming from antizionist politics and secular upbringing - are only valid if colonized by fundamentalist Christianity. I don't support that and I don't want it in my mailbox. So if you're reading this, Jews for Jesus, stop sending me crap.

The return address is from San Francisco and I am thus tempted to blame Alek.

Sorry for the rant.


Funniest recent search hit which led to this site:

"michigan weapon registration ninja." Someone clearly wants to join the UAW's ninjitsu brigade.

Well, either that, or the Michigan Militia are reforming and going the "totally stealth" route.

2 comments:

  1. when they came to my door I was like: "Call Zach. If you can get him on board, I'll join out of sheer respect for your organizing skills."

    We should start a "Jews for Jebus" organization.

    Slogan? "I don't even believe in Jeebus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my violent disgust is keeping you out of their clutches then.

    Save him, Jeebus.

    How about Jews for Allah?

    Or, like, Jews for Justice. Oh, wait. D'oh.

    ReplyDelete