Mahavishnu Orchestra - "Vital Transformation." I think this was my favorite track on Inner Mounting Flame when i was in high school, though it's been a while and I can't really remember. McLaughlin's great, and the violinist is amazing.
Snooky and the Cosmic Flowers - "Hearing Things." From the Golden State Funk compilation. Good stuff.
Minutemen - "Please Don't Be Gentle With Me."
XTC - "Life Begins at The Hop."
Harmonettes - "Can't Go Halfway." From the Numero group Belize City Boil Up compilation. There are numerous factually innacurate statements in this song, such as "if you want to have a smoke, you've got to have tobacco." Nevertheless I like this song.
Pere Ubu - "Street Waves."
The Advantage - "Double Dragon 2 (Story and Boss Music)." Crappy video game, good theme music. The sucess of an endeavor like this band demands in a large part on how seriously they take themselves. The more, the better. I don't like irony very much. More on that later, maybe.
Siouxsie & The Banshees - "Happy House.." Great song. Someone should cut a version of De La Soul's "Kicked Out The House" with a beat that samples this song. Or maybe that would be too ironical.
Black Merda - "Good Luck." I discovered this album this summer. It's amazing. Go find a copy.
Camper Van Beethoven - "O Death."
No comments:
Post a Comment