For the last two years, I've been renting the top floor of a brownstone in Sunset Park with one other person. The bottom two floors are occupied by the owner/landlords, a professional couple with a year and a half old baby boy. Today my landlords told me and my roomate that he wants to offer us a six month lease, after which they want to take posession of the floor again because they want to have a second child. I like living here and I don't want to move. I'm inclined to take the extension, if only because it lets me procrastinate, and i'm good at that, and there's always the possibility of moving in with the parents for a while and living rent free, though i don't know how productive i'd be. The rhyme is unintentional. But I'm worried about having to move in the middle of exam prep, particularly because I've accumulated enough furniture and commodities which i'd be unable to fit in my parents' place, and my lack of a drivers' license makes moving more complicated - damn NYC upbringing. Plus, something tells me I'm more likely to find friends or cool people looking for places to live in a neighborhood i want to live in in July than I am in January or February.
Anyone have any suggestions?
also, in the department of reactionary activist judiciaries, bad and also bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment